Reporting to the Sr. Director, Services Delivery, the Project Manager has overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and completion of projects for IndustryBuilt customers. Fosters close cooperative relationships with peers within their team and department. Builds and maintains relationships with cross functional teams within the organization.
- Works in collaboration with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to develop project plans that align to the requirements and effort of client solutions.
- Coordinates project requirements with clients (internal and external) to ensure complete alignment on project deliverables.
- Effectively communicates with the customer, IndustryBuilt project team and other cross-functional departments to ensure all project requirements and milestones are understood and delivered according to the project plan.
- Ensures project plans are communicated, followed and deliverables are met.
- Ensures all client information / data requirements are received and communicated.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet requirements.
- Facilitates the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, including project budget.
- Effectively applies implementation methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes project exposure and risk
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Applies an understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design to facilitate best practices
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential
- Sets and manages client expectations
- Effectively communicates with clients to identify needs and evaluate business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Contributes towards the continual improvement of our service delivery models
- Travel to client locations within Canada, the U.S and occasional international travel required. Expected travel – 30%
- 5+ years’ Project Management experience, including a demonstrated ability to execute projects from the requirements gathering phase through deployment
- 3+ years ERP implementation experience
- Experience implementing enterprise-wide, multi-site software solutions
- Knowledge of requirements solicitation, application development, logical and physical database design and networking
- Knowledge of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Consistently manages a change management process – communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance, prepares and supports those affected by the change
- Proven track record of working with different functional groups to drive the creation and use of business systems and processes in a rapidly growing environment
- Excellent communication and consulting skills to build strong relationships with business users, team members and service providers
- PMP certification, preferred
- Degree or Diploma in a related field (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Environmental Sciences) or equivalent experience
- Food industry experience