As a QA Analyst, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing manual functional test cases for IndustryBuilt’s products. You will work with Business Analysts and Developers to thoroughly test new and updated functionality of product releases. This position requires an individual who actively participates, is curious, is motivated to learn, and has strong communication skills.
- Develop and maintain test cases based on business process documents (in a use case style) and change requests.
- Analyze project documentation to determine test case and scripts design, participate in test execution and defect resolution.
- Execute functional tests.
- Analyze test results to identify problem areas and to ensure adequate coverage.
- Clearly communicate test results and errors/issues to project team.
- Record defects in an issue tracking system.
- Identify, investigate, report and track defects to closure.
- Ensure defined software quality assurance procedures are being followed.
- Assist in troubleshooting reported problems.
- Document test scenarios.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years Software QA/Testing experience.
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset.
- Experience in the food industry an asset.
- Experience with MS Dynamics NAV (Navision) an asset.
- Proven ability to build test plans and test cases from requirements, use cases and change requests.
- Experience with MS SQL Server.
- Experience testing, developing or supporting financial or inventory systems.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server is a definite asset.
- Able to build and maintain a clean, stable test environment.
- Has sharp eye for quality; meticulous about detail and completeness.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to self-manage and prioritize work effectively under pressure.