Sales Operations Manager
IndustryBuilt’s Sales Operations function reports directly to our Vice President of Sales, acting as the right hand of the sales team, focused on improving overall performance. This is a data-driven, people-facing role for someone who is passionate about leveraging and feeding metrics in a way that optimizes sales performance.
- Be the resident expert in our company’s sales management system, including understanding the limitations of the system, the data we have vs. the data we want to have, reporting limitations, etc.
- Train all sales people on effective use and identify information and gaps that can be leveraged to improve our results.
- Act as our sales reporting guru by analyzing data and preparing sales reports, along with building new ones that help support and drive the business of the sales team.
- Manage all sales forecasting processes and reporting.
- Run win/loss meetings and reporting.
- Own our sales documents, ensuring they stay valid, current and easy to use for all sales team members and customers.
- Provide deal support by managing the completion of these documents as part of the sales process, ensuring all sales transactions are effectively and accurately documented. Facilitate legal support, as required.
- Oversee all incoming leads and distribute to the Inside Sales Team based on current processes.
- Partner with the Sales Team to drive sales process enablement. This will include improving best practices with regards to process, tools and communication.
- Support the onboarding of all new sales employees. Partner with the VP of Sales and IndustryBuilt’s Learning and Development Team to Determine their current and future training requirements for the sales team.
- Understand bottlenecks in the sales process and work with internal departments to improve upon them.
- Assist with the seamless onboarding of our new customers.
- Support forecast meetings and calls and serve as the voice of sales in meetings.
- Partner with our sales and marketing teams to proactively define and execute on new prospect, customer and employee programs, including webinars, demos, events etc.
- A university degree and hands-on expertise with sales management software, preferably Salesforce.
- 3-5 years of experience operating in a sales analytics or sales operations capacity.
- Experience developing, implementing and executing sales systems and processes.
- Analytical expertise, with a general love and comfort with numbers and metrics.
- An understanding of project/change management processes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with strengths eliciting and relaying technical requirements.