As part of our Professional Services team, the Solutions Architect is responsible for providing architectural leadership in the implementation and support of IndustryBuilt’s verticalized solutions, as well as all third-party products that may be part of the whole solution. The Solutions Architect plays a pivotal role in providing solution leadership throughout the lifecycle of major projects. They act as a trusted advisor to our complex customers and guide them throughout their implementations.
The candidate will be at the cross roads of technology, leadership, and business knowledge and skills.
As the solution lead, you will work across various functional teams. You will partner with the Product team to make recommendations on improvements and enhancements to IndustryBuilt’s solutions. You will also work with Business Analysts providing them advice and feedback on solutions, along with mentorship on product and customer approaches. The Solutions Architect can expect to split their time with supporting sales opportunities, with multiple ongoing customer projects, and with various internal initiatives.
- Play a solution leadership role in the entire project lifecycle which includes initial discoveries, requirements analysis, configuration, and implementation
- Oversee development testing by collaborating with the internal R&D team, with Business Analysts, and with the client
- Achieve monthly utilization target
- Travel to client locations within Canada and the US (expected travel – 40%)
- Work intimately with Sales to support new and existing complex sales opportunities that require solutions not immediately met by IndustyBuilt’s products, which includes:
- Participating in sales demos and discovery sessions to provide deeper product expertise, and to collect necessary information to best understand and define customer needs;
- Preparing Statements of Work (SOWs) by working with the customer development team and the internal R&D team to accurately estimate effort;
- Conducting technical risk assessment with the goal of minimizing customizations through researching configuration solutions, analysis, prototyping, and professional experience; and
- Fostering positive relationships with clients for continuity from sales to implementation minimizing project risk.
- Oversee solution design, architecture, configuration, architecture, and set up to meet the customer’s business requirements with a focus on minimizing customer-specific customizations
- Transfer knowledge effectively to project teams, which include both client and internal resources
- Lead Business Analysts and project teams to determine solutions to customer requirements
- Document and submit development requirements to R&D team
- Work closely with Project Managers to assess and manage risk, to maintain proper resource levels of engagements, and to identify and escalate issues appropriately
- Manage and assign defect-fixing and unit-testing tasks to Business Analysts
Internal Improvement Responsibilities:
- Act as catalyst for continued internal improvement on process and assets through regular configuration and standards review with other departments and management, which includes:
- Providing input to Product Management team on Product Roadmap initiatives;
- Contributing to project methodology by working with the PMO and Project Managers; and
- Convening with other Solution Architects to ensure effective knowledge-sharing and consistent problem-solving methods occur across project teams and technical resources.
- University degree or equivalent
- 8 - 10 years related business experience in Food Processing/Distribution
- 10+ years of related ERP software industry experience
- Expert in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- 5+ years in solutions application design
- Experience leading teams through multiple projects and engagements
- Ability to juggle multiple timelines and meet deadlines
- Experience with estimation processes for project work
- Ability to view and reconcile issues from multiple dimensions, including: technical, business, short-term and long-term
- Strong customer-facing, consulting, and sales skills
- Ability to demonstrate value of ideas and designs to stakeholders
- Dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service
- Commitment to continuous learning to stay cutting edge
- Self-directed, yet team focused